Carl received his Juris Doctorate Degree from the University of Houston Law Center in December of 2007, graduating in just under 27 months. He sat for, and successfully passed the Texas Bar examination earlier than most of his classmates, and was admitted to the State Bar of Texas on May 2nd, 2008. Carl excelled in many advocacy-related activities while in law school, most notably as a senior member of the University of Houston Interscholastic Mock Trial Team. Carl traveled as a student attorney every semester while participating on the team, including representing the Law Center at the American Association for Justice (AAJ) National Student Trial Advocacy Competition, and the Tournament of Champions Trial Competition hosted by the National Institute of Trial Advocacy (NITA) in Denver, Colorado. While in law school, Carl served as a criminal law clerk for the United States Attorney's Office, Southern District of Texas and also in Dallas, Texas for the plaintiff's law firm, Waters & Kraus. Carl obtained a Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance in just three years with a dual minor in Accounting and Management from the Red McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin. Prior to law school, Carl worked as an analyst in the Finance industry for Goldman Sachs. Carl is a fifth generation Texan, and is proud to live in the state where he was born and raised. Carl graduated salutatorian (2nd out of 436 students) from Austin Lanier High School, and perhaps his proudest accomplishment is starting both ways on his varsity football team, including playing on the 1998 26-4A district champion Lanier Vikings. Carl is also the proud son of a former Austin area Texas High School Football Coach. He believes that many of the same fundamentals that lead to success on the football field (discipline, work ethic, and preparation) also apply to winning in the courtroom.
Carl is experienced in all matters relating to criminal defense and has the ability to practice in any area of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex and in the Austin area, including Dallas County, Collin County, Tarrant County, Rockwall County, Denton County, Travis County, Williamson County, and Hays County. He has a strong and sincere passion for representing those who find themselves caught in the criminal justice system. Regardless of the nature of the charge, Carl will always promise EVERY client he interacts with that he will work hard to do everything in his power to guarantee the best possible outcome for their case. He is firmly committed to keeping each client apprised every step of the way as their case unfolds.
Carl has the ability to handle and pursue any personal injury claim where someone has been injured as the result of the negligence of another. It is vitally important to entrust your personal injury matter to someone with the resources to challenge any entity to provide you with the compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one has been injured as the result of the negligence of another, please call 214.702.CARL(2275) now to speak with Carl or another representative to discuss your case.
A Trial Lawyer
Since first stepping foot on the campus of his law school, Carl has done everything in his power to build his experience around being a successful trial lawyer and advocate. As such, when you hire Carl as your attorney, you are getting someone that has a passionate desire to defend your right to submit your case to a jury of your peers, if the situation calls for it. Carl firmly believes that every case should be initiated with the mindset that the case will possibly result in a trial. The trial by jury is a fundamental concept of the American justice system and is protected by both the United States and the Texas Constitution. Carl is a strong believer, unlike many other attorneys, that every person should be advised of the option to proceed with a jury trial regardless of any offer to settle. It is an absolute right, and should be considered in EVERY case. Carl has both felony and misdemeanor trial experience, and promises to fiercely advocate for your rights in a trial setting, if necessary.
Carl is proud of his track record of success with obtaining favorable results following jury trials. He has obtained acquittals ("Not Guilty") verdicts in numerous counties, including multiple in a row in one of the most notoriously difficult counties in Texas. Perhaps the proudest honor that can be bestowed on an attorney is when a juror asks for a business card after listening to the presentation of evidence, either after voir dire is conducted or following a trial. Not only has this happened on multiple occasions to Carl, he is proud to state that he has been hired in the past by people who have been recommended to him by jury members after hearing and watching him perform in trial.
Carl has further placed in emphasis with his criminal defense practice on charges related to Driving While Intoxicated. He has tried many DWI cases to a jury, and has also negotiated favorable outcomes in both Felony and Misdemeanor DWI cases where the State has offered to reduce the charges in lieu of proceeding to trial. Carl has gained acquittals ("Not Guilty" verdicts) in a variety of Counties in Texas in DWI & DUI cases, including in felony, breath, and blood test DWI cases. Given his prior experience, Carl has the requisite knowledge to help you to try and properly evaluate a case, given all of factors involved. While each case is different, he promises to always work diligently to ensure that the best possible outcome is always reached. Carl is a founding member of the Driving Under The Influence Defense Lawyer's Association (DUIDLA), and is also a member of the National College of DUI Defense (NCDD).
Carl is committed to staying on the forefront of DWI Defense by regularly attending seminars and different CLE events. Carl is Certified in NHTSA Standardized Field Sobriety Testing, which is the same certification arresting officers receive at the police academy when learning how to properly conduct a DWI investigation. He has also received Certification as a Field Sobriety Testing Instructor, which means he is qualified to actually teach Standardized Field Sobriety Testing to police officers. Carl is also a Certified Technician of the Intoxilyzer 5000, which is the Breath Testing device used by law enforcement in Texas. Additionally, Carl has received Advanced Training in the Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus (HGN) Test, which is one of the Standardized Field Sobriety Tests used by police officers to determine whether someone may have been Driving While Intoxicated. He has also completed the NHTSA Drug Evaluation and Classification (DRE) Course, which is the functional equivalent to the ARIDE Program (Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement).
- Awarded a Certificate of Completion for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)/International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Practitioner Course by Dr. Lance Platt
- Completed the Breath Alcohol Technician Course of the Intoxilyzer 5000EN according to the United States Department of Transportation Code Federal Regulations 49 Part 40 by Dr. Jan Semenoff
- Completed Advanced Training in the Standardized Field Sobriety Tests, specifically focused on Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus (HGN): Vision Science Perspectives by Dr. Steve Rubenzer
- Awarded a Certificate of Completion for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)/International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Practitioner Update Course by Dr. Lance Platt
- Awarded a Certificate of Completion for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)/International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Instructor Course by Dr. Lance Platt
- Awarded a Certificate of Completion for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)/International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Drug Evaluation and Classification Program (DRE) Overview Course by Dr. Lance Platt
- Attended the TCDLA Seminar 7th Annual Top Gun DWI : A Blood Test Trial From Start To Finish in Houston, Texas
- Attended the TCDLA Seminar Highs, Lows, and the Deep Ellum Blues: Defending the Drug Case in Dallas, Texas
- Attended the 13th Annual NACDL & NCDD seminar DWI Means Defend With Ingenuity Ultimate DUI Defense: Strategies for the Courtroom Warrior in Las Vegas, Nevada at Caesar's Palace Hotel & Casino
- Attended the TCDLA Seminar Stuart Kinard Memorial Advanced DWI Seminar in San Antonio, Texas
- Attended the TCDLA Seminar Sexual Assault Criminal Defense Lawyers Project in Fort Worth, Texas
- Attended the 2011 TCDLA Seminar Mastering Scientific Evidence in DWI/DUI Cases in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Attended the 2011 TCDLA Seminar DWI Defense Project in Arlington, Texas
- Attended the 2011 Texas State Bar's Advanced Criminal Law Course in Houston, Texas
- Attended The Center for American and International Law (CAILAW) seminar Jury Selection & Communicating with Jurors for the Defense in Criminal Cases
- Attended the 2012 TCDLA Seminar DWI Defense Project in Arlington, Texas
- Completed the 2012 9th Annual Center for American and International Law (CAILAW): Criminal Defense Trial Skills & Trial Law Program - A Program For The Defense
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (TCDLA)
- TCDLA Dallas-Fort Worth Texas Young Lawyers Committee Chair
- Federal District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- Federal District Court, Northern District of Texas
- Federal District Court, Western District of Texas
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- National College of DUI Defense (NCDD)
- Dallas Bar Association
- Williamson County Bar Association
The Law Office of Carl David Ceder is a full-service criminal defense law firm. Carl David Ceder is an experienced Criminal Defense Attorney, DWI Defense Attorney, and Personal Injury Lawyer who practices all over Texas, including Dallas and all of Dallas County, Plano and all of Collin County, Rockwall County, Denton County, Fort Worth and all of Tarrant County, Austin and all of Travis County, Williamson County, Hays County, and all adjoining counties: